Monday, August 11, 2008

Pizza Crust

I got this recipe out of my Newdale cookbook that I got as a wedding gift from Dad's cousin Carol who lives in Newdale. I make pizza probably twice a month, and this crust is really simple. I've adapted the recipe just a little bit, and it is so simple it would really be hard to mess it up.

Pizza Crust

1 T yeast
1 c warm water
1 tsp. salt
2 T oil
1 T sugar
2.5 - 3 c flour

Dissolve yeast in warm water. Add salt, oil, sugar, and flour. The original recipe only calls for 2 c flour, but that never seems to be enough for me. Mix then knead till not sticky anymore. This is enough dough for one pizza. Roll dough onto pizza stone then poke with a fork to keep any large bubbles from forming. Bake at 375 for about 12 min. Remove from oven and add whatever toppings you want. Then bake for another 10 min, or till toppings are done.

No comments: