Saturday, August 16, 2008

Dad's Authentic Key Lime Pie

One 14-ounce can of sweetened condensed milk
4 egg yolks
1/2 cup key lime juice
One 9-inch baked pie shell(or grahm cracker crust)

Whisk the egg yolks into the condensed milk. Add lime juice a little bit at a time, stirring until mixture starts to thicken. Scrape into the pie shell. Bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees. Place in the fridge for it to set and chill.

Some people like to put meringu on top, and some like to put whipped cream on top. I prefer whipped cream(home made if possible).

Heidi's note- This pie is way yummy, and it tastes even better the next day. It does not store well though, so eat within two days. Keep refridgerated.

2 comments:

James and Aimee said...

Heidi, I can't wait to try that!

Heidi said...

I know I am commenting on my own post, but, I tried Dad's pie again today, and WOW!!! It is my new favorite pie. If any of you make it, make it in a home made graham cracker crust. That is what Dad did this time, and it was sooooo good!!!